The Principle of ‘Give and Take'



Today I went to a friend's house for a cell fellowship. As evening drew closer, it began to rain heavily. It rained as though it wouldn't stop. So they had to lend me their umbrella, and I left, promising to return it tomorrow.

On entering my house, I saw a neighbour leaving the compound with my own umbrella. It was obvious he visited and because of the rain, a family member had to give him my umbrella for him to return the next day. Standing there, a thought flashed through my mind. I wanted to exchange both umbrellas and tell him to return the other instead and not my own.

On the other hand, another thought flashed through my mind. It was his responsibility to return the umbrella the next day to us and my responsibility to return the one I was given the next day also. So exchanging them would break the chain of give and take and probably cause confusion.

This experience made me realise that we all are in this world to serve one another in one way or the other. Believe it or not. You give today, tomorrow you receive. You're into business, you're there for the benefit of the various customers who need your goods/service. On the other hand, you're being compensated with profit.

Today your parents train and raise you to become great; tomorrow you're gonna do that for your kids. Never ever miss any opportunity to help or give to anyone, be it the beggar on the street, your nephew in college that needs feeding money, your parents, your friends, the motherless; and the list is never empty. You do not know who's gonna give to you tomorrow.

Give today and you shall receive tomorrow. I make it a point of duty to at times give to someone or give someone some sort of help for no just reason. This I do from time to time so as to keep the chain of give and take moving. Do not break that chain. Don't forget, we've all been called into this world to help one another, sustain one another, care for one another and live for one another.

Take a minute to think about having all the money in the world and every other person dead. I bet you would never enjoy that experience. The wealth is best enjoyed when it goes round and round; people giving and people taking.

Life is like a merry-go-round. What you push to the person at the other end eventually gets back to you. Be careful of how you treat people because that's how you'll be treated by others.

Love so that you may be loved.
Give so that you shall receive.

Keep being inspired.



Ochia, Providence.

--

Comments